Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vanessa G.'s Experience at Unforgettable Edibles

This week in Practicum I went to Unforgettable Edibles. I worked mostly with Sue who worked there and she told me how they have to be prepared for the lunch hour ahead of time so that they can have a better business. I learned that this job takes hard work because you have to be ready for a rush of customers and you have to make sure you bake and cook enough so that you do not have to do it when customers are waiting for their food.

What I enjoyed the most about shadowing this placement is how I had the opportunity to bake Irish Soda Bread and scones. It was very fun putting all of the ingredients together and making the dough. It was a great time to get a little messy and make some good deserts. Sue, who helped me make these treats, was very nice I felt welcomed and I really had a lot of fun learning how to dice up onions fast. There was nothing that I did not enjoy. I only wish that I could stay longer and help them make more tasty treats!

Some natural roles that showed while shadowing, was my passion for baking and cooking. It was very nice to use the skills that I have to help them out with making the deserts. My friendly personality also stood out at my visit. It was enjoyable to talk and learn more about their establishment.

This experience helped me grow as a person by making me want to hone my cooking and baking skills. I really enjoy it, hopefully my next two visits I will be able to show and learn more about my passion for food. After looking at my week's reflection I am looking forward to my next two visits so that I can be more of a help to Sue and Unforgettable Edibles as a whole.