Thursday, November 3, 2011

Samantha D.'s Experience at the Bakery

This week in practicum I went to the Sicilian Bakery. Every time I go here I have the best time ever. Today I filled pastries, and since I caught on so fast, they were shocked! I helped decorate cookies which I had fun with I made spooky ghost, black cats, and pumpkins for Halloween. I also put whipped cream on the pumpkin slices which I messed up a little bit but it still looked okay. I love going here because I have so much fun and I laugh everyone is so close and is friendly to everyone. Today was Friday and they didn’t have really a lot to do so Mike was teaching me how to make coffee with this really big coffee machine that make tea coffee, latte, cappuccino, and Frappuccino. When I first did my espresso I made it to strong and it tasted so bad which no else wanted. Then I did it a couple of times then it was better. Then I made myself a Frappuccino with vanilla flavoring which was so good and everyone wanted to try some. Another thing I learned today was how to decorate cake with an icing design!