Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kristen T's Experience at the Chamber of Commerce

This week in Practicum I went out in the field to the Chamber of Commerce and I worked in the classroom and learned how to write a resume. On Monday I went to the Chamber of Commerce and they are having another event for Saint Patrick’s Day so I got to help Melissa with that. We went around Edison Park to take measurements for the tents. Then I helped her to make lists.

I learned a lot about myself this week. When we were creating the resumes in class I learned that this is something I will do many times in my life for each of my jobs. I like that we learned how to create one because I never knew how and it’s a good thing to learn. Being out in the field I learned many things about myself I learned that I enjoy even the little things you do with event planning. I learned that you really need to remember a lot of things and you can’t forget anything!

The one thing I enjoyed doing this week was the resumes only because I have never done one before and I am happy that I now know how to do them. There was nothing that I did not enjoy this week. Each day in the field was fun and I learned a lot. I will be going out in the field again today to the Chamber of Commerce and I hope to learn new things. After shadowing Allison today at the Chamber of Commerce I got to help her create all new files for 2012. It was cool to see all of the companies that they work with and just every little thing that goes along with planning all of their events. I enjoyed both of my days out in the field and I was glad to spend them at the Chamber of Commerce.

After reading my reflection I feel that I got a lot done this week and I learned many things I learned that I can multi-task very easily which is a good thing.