Thursday, November 3, 2011

Krista M.'s Experience with 1st and 4th Grades

My experience with Practicum this week was a lot of fun and interesting. I was in the field and I went to Immaculate Conception first grade and fourth grade. I learned that I really enjoy teaching little kids and that a teacher might be a good career for me.

Something that I enjoyed the most was when the first grade teacher let me grade the children's worksheets when they were done working on it so when they were done they made a line by me and I graded it for them or helped them if they needed it. They were very interested in what I had to say and were very eager to learn. I enjoyed working with them.

I worked with Mrs. Casey in first grade and I worked with Mrs. Piersan in fourth grade. I noticed that both of them had to be very patient with the children because sometime they got out of hand and were not listening. I also noticed that they have to be in charge and really make sure that all the children were on task and not goofing off. I think that my natural roles would fit this because I enjoy taking charge and being a leader but I can also be patient, helpful, and understanding.

These experiences helped me to grow as a person because I got to see how much younger children really look up to older people in their lives. It helped me grow as a student by showing me college options I might want to look into to become a teacher. It helped me grow as a young adult nearing high school graduation because I'm very excited to graduate and figure out what career path I want to take.