Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kerry C. in Physical Therapy

My practicum experience this week was good. I went in the field one day and stayed in the class the other two days. In the classroom we discussed our life stories to one another. I learned more about myself and my story from hearing what other people had to say about my story. It was a good experience. Also I picked some of my top interest in a career such as, physical fitness, food, and mental health. These job fields I choose tie in with my own interest from my practicum visits. Now, towards the end of the semester and end of the practicum course I am coming to an end with my decision on what I would like to study in college and do for the rest of my life. In choosing these careers I really saw that they related in my interest in becoming a physical therapist. My top natural roles also relate to my career goal. My top natural roles were athlete, coach, and extrovert. All three of these roles tie in with being a P.T. It is important that my natural roles can benefit my career, and these roles would be a great start in becoming a P.T.

Also, today, I went and shadowed physical therapy in the hospital for the second time. I enjoyed this time more than the last, but not as much as P.T. at Athletcio. My mentor today was Patrick. Patrick explained his profession and told me why he loves to do what he does. Patrick has been a P.T. for a very long time and he loves every minute of it. He was a good mentor. Also, the patient was very kind. He was outgoing and explained his injury to me, how it happened, when, etc. I felt very comfortable with the situation and the environment. It was a good experience.