Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nicolette T.'s Experience at Physical Therapy

This week in practicum I went to physical therapy at the hospital. There was not much going on at the time, but I still found out some cool stuff. This time I really enjoyed it so much better than the last. I loved working with my mentor. She was really nice and I loved learning with her. She showed me ways to improve posture and it really helped me because I now know what I can do to improve mine or help anyone else. I loved this job and am really considering it to be my career in the future. When I was there my mentor had a lot of patients that day that had problems with their necks and shoulders. I also learned some new stretches to help if there is any soreness or problems in those spots. I had gotten really involved this time and really enjoyed it because I got a better understanding. She pointed out muscles in the body that I never even knew of and it was very good to know. I am really looking forward to going back there and I hope I get to shadow her. This experience made me develop as a person because it showed me a possible profession I could go into later in life.