Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kerry C's Experience in Social Work

This week in practicum I went in the field one of the days and stayed in class the other. I only went in the field once because I was on a college visit on Friday. On Monday I shadowed Social work again, for the second time. The first time I liked it, I was really interested in it. My attitude remained the same the second visit. It was interesting again. I really enjoy the social work career. Their intentions are great and they really help others cope with their issues. After shadowing social work, I would defiantly consider working as a social worker. I really enjoyed the environment and the people there. I feel that this career can impact my life greatly in a positive way.

On Wednesday, we stayed in the classroom and created our own resumes. The resume that I created is a base to my completed and finalized resume that I will send to work fields I am interested in. Creating this resume I saw how important it is to get involved not only for school purposes but also career purposes. This resume gave me an idea on types of areas I could work on to make my resume stand out. Resumes are very important and creating our resumes in class with a guide and some samples was a great idea. It is helping prepare me for my future career and my future job interviews. By having my resume started as a base is great and will make it easier for me in the future.