Monday, November 7, 2011

Amber A. at the Vet

Today was my final placement at Niles Animal Hospital and Bird Medical Center. The overall experience there was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Today was the best out of the days because there was only one bird and then dogs and cats which is what I prefer to be around.I was with one bird, two cats, and two dogs. One of the dogs that I observed was a two year old German Shepherd named Mason. It was such a sweet dog! He got four different shots and I was able to watch as they micro chipped him. I already knew how they did it but it was really cool to watch. The needle was much bigger than a normal needle used for shots but it was still just as quick. Right after the chip was in the dog they scanned it and it was working and the chip code showed up on the scanner. I was invited to go back and visit them whenever I want and I intend to do so!