Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teresa K.'s Experience at Tricoci and Le Flour Bakery

Over the time of these few weeks, I was able to experience so many great opportunities. I was in the field a few times. I went to Tricocci Hair Salon. I had such a great time there. My mentor's name was Amanda Stone, and she was a cosmetologist. She was so sweet! She showed me how to color hair. I have learned that it is important to get your hair trimmed at least 3-6 weeks or else when your split ends reach the scalp, the hair won't grow anymore. I had fun watching other ladies curl hair and others giving a haircut. Working in the salon looks like a lot of fun and something that I am interested in. I really enjoyed learning all the different things you can do with hair. I wish I was able to stay longer.

Another place I visited was the Bakery. I was able to measure the ingredients to make banana bread, and colored frosting for baby shower cookies. It was a lot of fun! All of the ladies working there are sweethearts. They seemed like they really loved baking. Nicole is a terrific boss, and knows what she wants to accomplish. I enjoyed making the different colors for the frosting. One thing I didn't enjoy was realizing that it was already time to leave. Time flies when you are having fun.

Through these experiences, I have realized that I'm a hands-on type of girl. I like working with my hands. I like getting things done the right way. I feel like my personality fits perfectly in both job careers. I am a fun person who wants to make people happy.