Monday, November 7, 2011

Amanda K. at Le Flour Bakery

My experience in practicum this week was amazing, I was at LeFleur bakery and it was so much fun. What I learned about myself is by just doing little things, you can even have allot of fun doing it, I had to label blueberry jam jars which was fun even though it wasn't just baking something. What I learned about this career is that if you work in a bakery it is a very busy environment and also you have to work very hard and know what your doing, but it also is a very friendly and fun environment.

One specific experience I enjoyed most was rolling out the cookie dough and using cookie cutters to cut them out of the dough and placing them on the baking sheet. What made it enjoyable and interest is because I was actually doing some of the work and not just sitting and watching them do the baking. There wasn't anything I didn't really enjoy doing, I loved it all.

I worked with Nicole who was really nice and friendly and gave me some of the different tasks I needed to do. The natural roles and personality traits I observed in my actions this week was I was very productive and worked really hard. My own personality traits and natural roles would fit this career because I love baking and I'm always very energetic and bubbly which helps create the fun environment in a bakery that it needs.

This experience helped me grow as a person because it gave me a better outlook on what this career is about and how much you have to work. It helped me grow as a student because now I know I have to work hard if I want to become someone in that job area, it also helps me as a young adult nearing high school graduation because now I need to start thinking of what I want to major in and be when I'm older so now I have to start working toward getting good grades if one day I want to be a pastry chef.