Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nicole B.'s Experience in Ultrasound

This week in practicum we went out into the field. Monday I went to the hospital again and went to ultra sound. For the first time while I was there I got to see a baby ultra sound. The mother was 8 months pregnant and the baby was very big inside of her stomach. In the beginning I wasn’t able to see the baby's face, only its feet and toes. Then the baby started moving and I was able to see the baby's face. I never knew how much technology has changed in the past few years. I was able to see everything. I saw the baby’s eyes, noise, and fingers. His hands were over his mouth and it was the cutest thing ever. After this ultra sound I went and looked at pictures of someone’s kidneys stones and even saw a video of them moving in the kidneys. It was my favorite time in ultra sound because I’ve never got to see a ultra sound done on a pregnant woman.