Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shannon B.'s Informational Interview with Chicago Police Chief

For my interview, I interviewed my dad who is the Chief of Police for Chicago. He has been working as a police officer for 24 years now. Half of his life has been working with the police; therefore there is no one better to interview than my dad. He is hard working and dedicated to his job. Before he was working as a policeman, he worked at Jewel. He also held a job working for a law clerk at a law firm. My father's favorite thing about his job is protecting Chicago. Everyday he looks forward to help, protect, and serve the community. Unfortunately there are challenges in his job as well. It is huge challenge for him, as well as all other policemen to try to reduce crimes and solve them. It's not always an easy task to do; it comes with hard work and determination. As someone who is interested in the police force, the advice my father gave was to always be honest and fair. Also, he encourages me to get a degree. In the next ten to twenty years, the police force will change dramatically. According to my father, the police will be reduced in size because of the devastating economy. It will become more dangerous because of possession of guns may increase. Also, it will become more technological. Overall, my dad's job is something he takes pride in and hopes that others do too.