Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sarah B.'s Reflection about Classwork

This week in Practicum we stayed in the classroom. We all were given a yellow paper with seven circles on it, in the shape of the flower. We soon found out that we'd be filling in these circles as the year went on. In class that day we worked on three of them: Natural Roles, Personality Type, and People/Environment. These circles were based off of previous tests that we took in the book. These tests had questions to figure out why we are how we are and what our characteristics are. In the Natural Roles pedal I have ten things listed: extrovert, leader/queen, free spirit, athlete, team member, manager, comedian, marketer, father, and warrior. These words represent traits that I contain that come natural to me. They describe me and my actions. The Personality Type pedal is very similar to the Natural Roles one. This pedal has words in it that describe my personality, they are viewed in four letters: ENFP. These four letters stand for Extroversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Perceiving. Some words that go with that description are: playful, warm, clever, accepting, outgoing, motivated, cheerful, dreamer, wild, and excited. I like this pedal the most because I believe it really shows who I am and gives people a feel of how I act. The last pedal we filled out in class is the People/Environment pedal; this pedal also has letters that stand for something but only three. These letters are: EAS; meaning Enterprising, Artistic, and Social. These words tell me that I want a job with people who are, "up-front", creative , imaginative, and helpful.

There wasn't anything specific this week that I didn't like. If I'd have to choose, I'd say not going out in the field; but class time is always fun too. I just find going out in the field to be different and exciting every time. I enjoyed this exercise because it shows me as a person through words that describe different parts of my personality and life. I learned a lot about me this week, like what fields I'd have a fun and successful time working in.