Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grace L's Nursing Experience

This week's experience was a pretty good one for me. I learned that being a nurse takes patience and a friendly attitude. I learned that I can stand seeing blood and although it might be heartbreaking to give a shot to a baby, I feel that I would be able to do it. I learned that I really enjoy working in the Family Practice Clinic because you get a feel for all the different ages and you do not get extreme cases like you would get in the Emergency Room. After reading my reflection, I feel that nursing is my passion and that I look forward to exploring it more not only in practicum but also in college. Finally, I learned that as a nurse you need to be ready to take care of anything as small as giving a shot to dealing with someone who has gone into cardiac arrest.