Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kristen T. on Education and her Future

This week in Practicum I stayed in the classroom. We worked a lot on out values and we are starting to finish our flower petal sheet of all our personality traits and values. Also, what job we plan on getting into after college. We also did a skills story, we wrote a story about something that we used our personal skills with I wrote about helping a first grader from IC with her math problems. Working on our values this week I learned a lot about myself. I learned that I am someone who wants to help people and I want to live my life to the fullest. There are a lot of things I want to be remembered by such as, someone who started their own event planning business, and somebody who made an impact.

I really enjoyed working on the flower petal this week. I like the petal because I feel like it explains me a lot and it helps me to better understand myself. I didn’t really enjoy the skills story this week, I just feel like I am more interested in learning about my values and what I want to do rather than how I’m using my skills. I am very excited to finish my flower and see how it all plays out!

Tomorrow I will be going out into the field to IC 4th Grade I am excited because I really enjoy working with kids but I actually really enjoyed 1st Grade so it is going to be different working with older kids but I am sure I will enjoy it! After this week and adding to my flower I learned a lot about myself. I learned that all my personality traits and values really connect with what I want to do. I feel that event planning is the perfect job for me and I am on the right track. After this week I have grown a lot I have realized my values and the things I want to be remembered for in my life.