Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jackie B.'s Experiences in ER and at the Police Station

On Friday I went to the hospital again to the Emergency Room. I shadowed a nurse named Amber, she was really nice and she let me put an I.D. band on a elderly patient who was having heart trouble. I saw a patient who was homeless and addicted to drugs and they had to call social services to find a place for them to live or stay. Social Services might try to get them to a place to help them with their problem. Before I had to leave, I saw a patient who was at the Allstate Arena to see a show and had fallen down the stairs, cut his head and possibly hurt his neck.

On Saturday I went to the Chicago Police Station in Rodgers Park. When I got there I was introduced to most of the police officers and the Watch Commander. The watch commander asked me if I would like to see a roll call. At 7 A.M. the roll call started and it was really cool and it felt like I was in a cop show. It was a really quiet day at the police station but I had a great time. I got to see how the officers fill out an accident report because a man came in to report and accident that he was in the day before. I don’t think I will be going again to the police station, but I really had a great time and meet some great officers as well. I wish I could go back but I had a great week in the field and I hope the rest of the semester is a good time as well.