Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Luci C. in the Laboratory

In Practicum this week I was in the field. I went to the lab again but had to chance to experience I different section in the lab, the chemistry room. My experience was very cool because the lab tech I worked with showed me and taught me almost everything. During the week, we worked on college related stuff in the classroom. We talked about what college would fit us, and what qualities in a college will be perfect for us. I definitely learned a lot about a lab tech but I’m not sure if that career would totally fit me. I’m interested in that occupation but not entirely because I’m not that interested in chemistry.

One specific experience I really liked was when we started making our resumes in the classroom. I thought that was really cool and I was excited to start one for myself. I always wondered how to start one for myself and I always wanted too, I just didn’t know how or where to start. Something I didn’t really like this week was coming back early from the lab. I wish I got to switch to a different section of the laboratory instead of coming back to school.

This week I worked with a lab tech and her name was Diana. She has been working in that field for 30-40 years and you can tell she really loves what she’s doing. I asked her a lot of questions and she taught me a lot. She told me that she didn’t even go to college to be a lab tech, she wanted to be a business major and what made her change her mind was this pamphlet she found! I thought that was very interesting.

My experience helped me grow as a person because I feel like making a resume and going to a lab gets me to act more mature. It helps me grow as a student and a young adult because I’m starting to get more professional and serious about my future.