Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kelly B. in Childcare

This week I was in the field, and I attended child care. I learned that I am able to connect with little kids. I am very good at remembering at all the kid’s names. I think I have a strong bind with all the kids there because I have been there three times. I also remember all of their names and as soon as I walk in they all run to me. I think once you spend time with the kids more than once they get use to you and they are not afraid to open themselves to you. They become very comfortable with you after a while. I think with this career you need a lot of patients. I think this because you are working with young children who do not understand everything yet. Also, with young children they like to make sure they get everything their way, but that’s where you need to teach them wrong from right otherwise they will never learn. I enjoyed being able to play and connect with the kids. I am able to see what toys and what activities they like to do best. For example one little boy loves to sing and read books, so I got to read a book with him and listen to him sing. I really enjoy myself when I am there, so I cannot say I did not like anything.

Some personality traits that come into play when I am there is smiling. With children you always have to have a smile with them and be friendly. If you come off as a bad vibe to them they will not feel comfortable with you. So, always be kind, friendly, and open. I think this experience has helped me grown as a person because now when I baby sit I have a new outlook on it. I know more things and can be more relaxed and friendly when I do baby sit. This experience has been great!