Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Alicia G. at the Edison Park Chamber of Commerce

This week in Practicum we were in the field as well as in the classroom. In the classroom we made personal resumes and in the field I visited the career of Chamber of Commerce for the third time. I learned that Chamber of Commerce is a lot of researching deals, talking on the phone, and being good at making deals. I realized that I would enjoy a career that is more hands on rather than a career in which is most of the time behind a desk using a computer and phone all day.

One thing I enjoyed the most in my recent placement was helping her figure out things that could be modified at Edison Park Fest. We worked on this particular event which was cool because I have attended this event before.

The natural roles and personality traits I observed in this career are the ability to stay organized, being social, and having patience. Organization comes into play when organizing all the papers, receipts, and given information for each event that is being planned. Being social comes into play when there is constant interaction with other people in business in which you work with to make each event successful. And patience comes into play when having to constantly deal with different attitudes, complaints, and businesses when planning and running events. I believe my traits and roles do fit this career and that I would be good in working with people every day.

This made me grow as a person because I realized that Chamber could be a possible career for me. I grew as a student in the sense that I learned more about a career and an option that I could possibly live out in a future career. Lastly, this experience allowed me to grow as a young adult nearing high school graduation because it allowed me to know what career I could possible possess in the future.
After reading my weekly refection I feel like this week was a successful one.