Thursday, February 23, 2012

Patti Wants a Career in Social Work

This week in Practicum, I went to the hospital for Social Work. It was an amazing experience. It made me realize that that is what I want to do with my future. My mentor this week was Patty Hallaghan. We worked with older people who need to be released from the hospital. She took care of each and one of them and making sure that they would be safe and healthy. Patty made her career an interesting one; I would not forget what she taught me. I left there with a different view on certain aspects of the job.

Everything that Patty and I did was worth it. I liked everything she taught me, there was nothing that disappointed me in anyway. It made me think of the future in the career for me. She made me want to try my hardest at becoming a Social Worker and knowing that it will be tough in school and that it is worth it, especially individuals who need it the most. I am excited to go again.