Friday, February 11, 2011

Jenny in the Family Birth Place

The following is an excerpt from Jenny's experience in Family Birth this week.

"The nurse gave the baby a head to toe check... The look on the parents' faces was priceless and it just made me so happy. I couldn't stop smiling and I just had an amazing feeling for the rest of the day. I loved seeing the birth and it was an amazing experience. But now I have a lot of options of what kind of nurse I want to be, and I know it is going to be a hard decision. I loved being in the special care nursery, but I think I would also like to be a pediatrician so I could see my patients grow up and get to know them well.

The only downside to working in a hospital is that they have crazy hours and I am not sure if I would like that. But I have a while to figure out exactly what type of nurse I want to be, and I am glad that Practicum is making it easier to decide. It is very helpful because if I do something in Practicum and I don't like it, then I know I can cross that off of my list of options."